No matter how Camping explains it, that Saturday was the rapture only and that the world is still ending this year, the truth is -- he just doesn't know. The Mayan calendar 2012 prediction is simply a misinterpretation. The calendar is entering its next phase and that is all it is according to the experts. Matthew 24:36 states that the angels and Jesus do not even know when the end is coming...only that they are coming and they are always ready. If they do not know, well Harold Camping does not know, I can say that with absolute certainty!But this is not the point I want to make.
The point is: why are so many people, even Christians, consumed with the talk of the end of the world and many making it a huge deal? I do not get it. There is more buzz in the Christian world about this and more energy in talks about this topic than I ever see about reaching people who do not know and believe and trust in Jesus!
What is the point? Why does it seem that people are urgent about the wrong things?
What if...What if...
What if we were as frantic about reaching people who are far from God and urgent and intentional in our efforts? I think churches would be different. I believe that leaders would be changing their schedules. I hold that your daily life and the goals you have for each day would be changed.
The truth: tomorrow could be the day. Or 15 seconds after your read this blog. What is it your family and close friends believe? Do they believe...i mean believe to the point of faith exuding from their being? Or is church and Jesus just something. This is vital! What matters to you...are you consumed with the right mission? Jason Webb is taking Brooklife Church thru a series in Acts and what is evident is this: the early church was consumed -- CONSUMED -- with reaching people in the world.
Are you consumed like that? If not, why? Go back and take a look at the gospels and teachings of Jesus.
"A new command I give you, love one another as I have loved you. By this, the world will know you are my disciples."
The world has not ended. But, does the world know where you stand? They should.
No comments:
Post a Comment