Wednesday, July 28, 2010

And the Rain Came; July 28, 2010

Well our team is doing great and continuing their hard work. The project director even commented on what a difference they are seeing from our group compared to previous groups. I hope that you feel as proud as I do. Their attitudes are great and they are supporting each other and doing everything and more that is being asked of them.

Our orphanage team again did a wonderful job loving on the children. Even the guys are doing great with the kids!

Our work team began today with the usual activity of moving dirt and rock. We moved so much in preparation for a long day of pouring. We then began the assembly line, which included mixing, digging, passing, and pouring. We were in a great rhythm until....

the rain came...

 
and then the rains really came...


It was kind of discouraging to watch so much of our hard work washed away, but I was reminded of God's sovereignty in our devotion tonight. All things work together for the good for those who love God. Amidst my disappointment...I can and should hold onto that. God will work it for the good; whatever that might be.


With the rain came a change of plans for the day. A few of the guys went to VBS, we had pickup games of soccer, rested, and played with the kids. We even had a pickup game of soccer with some of the locals today and all the students who participated loved the experience. We ended the night with our devotion, great worship time (pic included), our group time, and hinging out. Hope you enjoy the pics of the day:





Thursday is going to be a long work day (hopefully). We are committing to working 2 extra hours to get as much done as possible. The spirit in the group is awesome.

Much love,

Mark

8 comments:

  1. What an AMAZING group you all are!! Don't be discouraged.....you are accomplishing sooooo much according to His plan! Way to go!!

    God's Blessings on all of you!
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  2. God bless you and the youth for the work you are doing for the Lord in Jamaica.

    Bill Glenney

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, such fond memories of my first mission trip. Way to keep up the great attitudes even in the pouring rain! Keep it up... you guys are living the Word and the dream! I'm so proud of you Kaitlin!
    Kate (her favorite-ist cousin)!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, everyone...way to go with all the hard, hard work, the fun play, the worship, the relationship building, and the flexibility to handle what comes along. Like the others, I am INCREDIBLY proud of you!!! Brady, I am downloading some of these pictures...they will definitely make it into your photo album this year! Mark, Natalie, and any other leaders...thank you for your loving guidance there. I appreciate you so much.
    Much love to you...
    Cindy (Pyne) Sywyk

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Everyone! What persistance you all have in your work! You are fighting the good fight and will carry it on to completion. We're praying for you today as you put in your extra hours... way to be powerful role models for all! We're also praying that your teachings are going well at the orphanage and in the community. God's Word does not go void... thanks for sharing it to the ends of the earth.

    Oh... and have a blast! From these pictures it looks like you are!!!
    Love, Dale and Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh... and again I ask... What is Ryan doing???

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, I guess there is no escaping the rain, no matter where you are! Sounds like you all are doing hard work as well as good works. We are all praying for you. Andy the pics will be shown to everyone! I am proud of everyone, and proud that you are doing God's work. Keep having fun too!
    Love Rita

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ryan is climbing a tree. A local guy proceeded to scale it in about 5 seconds.

    ReplyDelete