Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Monday July 26 in Jamaica..Internet Down

Most seemed to get a very good sleep last night. I fell asleep as soon as the lights went out at 10:30. 6:30am did seem to come very quick though. This morning in my devotion I was challenged on how I pray for people in the world. Am I truly calling out for the Lord to meet their every need? Do I believe He is able to answer in His infinite grace? Today…I call out to the Lord for all of the people in Jamaica. I also called out to the Lord to shower our team with mercies.
He definitely answered that request!

Natalie took a team of 7 to the orphanage today and they walked right into being surrounded by brokenness. They held, fed, changed, played with kids. They read stories and chased the escapees down. And all of their hearts were crying out for these beautiful little children.

We had a team go to VBS for kids in the community. This was after working in the heat for 3 and a half hours. They had a great time, but were unable to escape the heat and humidity that presented itself today.

The remaining group worked from 9-3 here at the school. You would have been so proud of every single one of the Status students. They worked hard. They looked after each other. They encouraged everyone. I was blown away by how amazing they did and I know you would have as well. Tonight in our small group time, they went around and spoke about someone else in the group that was doing a great job. I am smiling this right now as I even think about the time we are appending together.

Many of us are pretty sure that Doug has changed the landscape of construction in Jamaica with his new innovative ideas. Dig it like Doug is our new saying.

Tuesday is a big day. A group is going to the orphanage, a team is working all day here, and a team led by Jordan and Molly are doing VBS in the afternoon. They have put so much thought and effort into preparing for this and I would appreciate your prayers for this time.

The internet was out today so I am typing this at 9:56pm and it is bedtime in 4 minutes. I hope you are able to read this in the morning!

Much love,

Mark

2 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for sharing the pictures and updating us. The whole team is constantly in my thoughts and prayers.

    God Bless,
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing your exciting missions venture. The pictures are great. We pray for your safety and God's presence with you.
    Jackie & Ernie Hill

    ReplyDelete