Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Messages from some of us to you! Day 3 Afternoon and Night

So the storm is coming but it isn't even expected to stop our work. we are that hard-core! Silly tropical storm...you got nothing on us.

Rain and wind, but the facility is great and we have cover to work and the students are working hard.

Prayers were answered when Kyle jumped down and put a nail into his hand. It bled, but we were there with bandages and he toughed it out and as he said..."its only my left hand." He is sitting beside me right now and ready for tomorrow.

We had a hot hot afternoon with VBS and we hope you enjoy the pics. Our power went out tonight, but even in the dark we sang out to God. It was beautiful and I hope to put video up of it later.

Pray for work to be uninterrupted.
Pray for the millions of impoverished people here in the Dominican.
Praise be to God for all we have accomplished and all we have left to do.

Our pictures only give you a small taste of what we have seen and we can't wait to tell you in person about this adventure.

Mark: Jess, Gracey, and Abbey: I love you!
Adam: Bradley, I miss you...and mom and Melissa too!
Kari: give Shelby Koen a shout out!
Kaily: Hi mom, I love you.
James: Mom, I love you and you didn't give me enough money. (lol)
Jake: Julie...wassup and why no comments? Don't you love me?
Kyle: Sorry, can't comment, unable to type with only 1 hand.
Hayley: Hi mom and dad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
John: Hey.
Jordan: Hi everyone, I sat in pee for half and hour. Serious. I smell like pee.
Makenna: Hello family, I miss you (kinda) and love you. :)
Jeanette: Hi Mrs. Gebhard, I love you. I love you too mom. : )
Stephen: Is gas a sign of malaria? No? Then at least I don't have malaria.
Courtney: Mom, Dad and Robbie you will be happy to know that I have all my fingers and toes. All 9 of them.
Will: My mother doesn't know how to use the internet.

Much Love,

Mark








17 comments:

  1. Dale is having trouble posting he wants to make sure that Molly isn't responsible for setting the alarm clock.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I knew of all these awesome high school workers when we were building Brooklife Church. We would have moved in in February! Keep showing off that Wisconsin work mojo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think Dale's got it now thanks to my tech support.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are so proud of the Brooklife Status Team!! Remember that with God, ALL things are possible!
    Greg and Judy (Tom's parental unit)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job, team! Hey, Makenna, that's ok if you "kinda" miss us. That means that something beautiful is happening there.

    Love and xoxoxo
    Mom, Dad, Alyson, and Cooper (woof)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Makenna, practice your Spanish with those Dominican kids!
    Damian

    ReplyDelete
  7. Goodwill T-shirts: $3
    Candy from Wal-mart: $15
    Jacob wanting a comment from Mom: Priceless

    You guys are incredible! Praying for you.
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome Pictures of your work.
    Keeping you all in prayer.

    Jackie & Ernie Hill (Jacob's grandparents)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey there. So glad to hear that you guys are doing well down there. Also glad to hear that Court has 9 fingers and toes in total now. haha. You guys are all in my thoughts and prayers. Do work and come home safely

    Robbie

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love all the pics....yes, even the one with the injured hand. Very thankful for the tetanus shot we got before you left! Kyle, pleeeeeeaaaase be careful. I love and miss you. So does Hailey but you didn't hear it from me :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am so jealous that you get to experience a hurricane... how cool... I think. I'm praying that doesn't slow down all the wonderful work you've been doing. Can't wait to hear how day 3 went... the first two were awesome updates... thanks for those Mark and team. Love and prayers... Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hope all continues to go well! We pray that the weather does not prevent you from doing any of your work. Kamryn get your sleep.....I think Lacie has taken over your bed and will not be giving it back:)! Keep working hard....
    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hope all is well. What an amazing blessing you all are, not just to the kids and people there, but to the rest of us here in WI that get to live vicariously through you. I wish I was there with you. God Bless!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nathan Schindler....my sentiments, exactly!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Praying for you all continually. Loving the pictures and videos. Praying especially for your endurance to finish the week strong. Love you Krissy and Tim.
    Ron and Karen Euer

    ReplyDelete
  16. Please keep the pictures and videos coming! It is the highlight of my days!! It is awesome to see all the smiling faces working hard and interacting with the people of the DR. Stay safe and brave through the storms!

    Stacy (Kaily's mom)

    PS: Kaily: Grandma is reading the blog and she says she loves you and misses you and she is praying for everyone! She'd post herself but it was too hard to tell her how to do it : )

    PSS: Kaily, I love you tons!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Day 5 and we are still trying to figure out this blog thing, so hope this one works! You guys are doing an amazing job! We are so proud of this team! We love the pictures and stories Mark. We are prayiog for a safe and exciting last couple of days and return home. We love you Greg and Tom!
    Dave & Cody

    ReplyDelete