Wednesday, August 3, 2011

We Love Your Comments: Day 4 with Messages


Well we are done with the walls, trusses, roof, and he only remaining piece to be done is the benches. And what is up with this tropical storm? We didn't get anything! Lame.

But seriously, we got done a day early with what they expected and we are so proud of the team. Thank you for your prayers and support. We see how beautiful this country and people are and want to see God's work done here.

Please please please pray for us:
1. We have a couple people that have gotten sick and it is no surprise given work, heat, and change in diet. Pray for the health of the team.
2. Pray that we would finish the benches. They are annoying difficult.
3. Pray the the other team would accomplish the remaining work on their project and even if that means we help. It is all for the Kingdom anyway!
4. Pray that VBS would go well. We have much planned and I am excited to see what God does in our own students lives.
5. Pray for the people in the D.R. Everywhere we go, we are surrounded by poverty and pictures don't do it justice. Most of the students have not seen this extensive amount of poverty. May our hearts for the things Jesus's heart breaks for.

Messages to you:
Kaily: I miss you mom.
Kari: I love you. My camera decided to swim in the lake in the cave used in Jurassic Park. It was the T-Rex's fault.
James: I love you mom and dad and I was just kidding yesterday.
Hayley: Uncle Dave, you would be proud of me, I know how to use power tools.
Andy: BULLRUSH!
John: Hey.
Kyle: I bought a Monster. And I still have my hand.
Tom: I am having a blast here. I will see you when I see you. Yeah.
Makenna: Hey I love you. Yeah yeah.
Jordan: I washed my clothes and got the pee smell out.
Molly: Did Marissa get her license? I love you all.
Kamryn: I love you and it great here.
Krissy: I love it here. That is about it. I love it here!
Mark: I love you Jess Grace and Abbey! Work is great here
Joey: I am playing cards....got to win.
Courtney: Love you all.
Kylie: Yeah. Yeah...Ummmmmm. Sending love to mom and dad.

The pics are not downloading. I will post them in the morning.

Much Love,

Mark

























18 comments:

  1. Thanks for the update! Thinking of you all and sending love and hugs. Hi Makenna!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm passing on prayer requests to prayer team. We gotcha covered!
    shelley

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was so great to see the update. Thanks so much for posting Mark. Prayers to all of you. Keep up the hard work. Love you Kamryn!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much for letting the kids post messages to us.....some are so funny! Joey, Dad says, "yeth"! Ali, we can't wait to hear from you...we are so proud of both of you! We will be sending prayers to all of you, especially to those that have felt the effects of the heat and humidity! Can't wait to see the pictures from today. Have a safe and restful night.
    Love,
    Kim and Bob

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello mother. Praying for u and the team, 5 days left here... Sad. Love becca

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW! The pictures and video are amazing. Sorry for not posting sooner, we did not have access to a computer until today. Vicki we are very proud of you and the work the whole team is doing. Vicki we love you and miss you. Cant wait to hear all about it. Keep up the great work everyone!

    -Scott & Diane Sander

    ReplyDelete
  7. Missing you, Court and Ky! The grass needs cutting and laundry folding... that should be a peice of cake compared to how hard you are working there!! Proud of you guys! Thanks, Becca for sharing your mom. Many would not have had this experience if she wasn't there being watchful and caring for our kids.
    Trina

    ReplyDelete
  8. Added pics...so much work has been done and the pics don't give it the due it deserves...hopefully we bring back completed pics!

    The students LOVE the comments, it really is encouraging to us all.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Court and Kylie,
    I am proud of you. Way to LIVE LOVE. Looking forward to hearing about how God has changed you through this trip. It is quiet without you here. I love you.
    Dad

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mark, we love and miss you! I am so proud of this team. Status is the best group out there! (Also, I am glad that Jordan's clothes are now washed)

    Love from Jess, Grace and Abb

    ReplyDelete
  11. Kari! Are you just posing with that electric sander or did you actually operate it? Your computer has a virus so your parents can't post but they said they would have a new camera waiting for you when you get home, I think :/
    Continuing to pray for the team requests. Nice work, Status!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love seeing all the pictures! You guys are an awesome team. Praying for you through out the day.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You all ROCK....the entire STATUS Team!!!!

    HUGE Thank You to Mark, Stephen, Adam, Natalie, and Tamara.

    Thanks for being such great leaders for our students and teaching them how to LIVE.LOVE. Thanks for sacrificing your time and resources to guide our kids on this trip.

    I am learning so much just from seeing the hearts of our students through their actions. We are sooooo looking forward to hearing about all your stories.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awww Makenna I'm so proud of you and everyone else! You guys look like your haveing fun but at the same time getting A LOT done. i love you and miss you. you have to tell me everything when you get back. good luck to everyone and keep doing amazing.
    Status is in my prayers <3

    Love,
    Brianna lipinski.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Keep up the great work Team Status! You are all beyond awesome!!

    Sure is quiet in our neighborhood without Kaily home, Tom coming over and Greg's BOOM BOOM BOOM driving down our street!! I miss it all!!

    Thoughts, Love and Prayers for health, finishing your work, ministry and eevrything in the DR!

    Stacy (Kaily's mom)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Regarding the pictures - First, Molly looks a bit psycho with that power drill and Gordy looks scared of her. Second, is that Stephen or Brady taking a candy bar from a small DR boy???

    Molly, we all miss you and Timmy has some pretty schmoopy moments... Keep having fun, loving as big as you do, and having a huge impact - DR style! Much meatball love being sent your way.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I am posting this on behalf of Auntie B, Nana, Grandpa and the triplet....they couldn't get the comment part to work for the blog:
    Jorden says,"I love you my little sweet Kyle"
    RyLee says, "I love my Kyle, my sweetheart"
    Shay says, "We love you Kyle and the whole family misses you alot"
    We put the blog on facebook and the whole family in now watching....even Molly, Brayden, and Jake
    With all our love,
    Auntie B, Nana, And Grandpa

    ReplyDelete
  18. They sell Monster in the D.R.!!! Who would have thought. Love ya

    ReplyDelete