So we made the news. And yes..it poured here today. We did get done with all the work and the only thing we missed was the trip to the market. Church service was great tonight and this particular church began under a single tree. Be thankful Brooklifers for Clarendon and the metal chairs.
The pastor did not hold back and he spoke about bearing fruit. John 15 Philippians 1 and the parable of the sower were passages he touched on. He prayed for like 8 minutes straight...no joke or exaggeration. It was wonderful and Jesus was lifted hi, that much I know.
We leave at 4am to construct the building.The truck is packed to the brim with everything we worked on and it will be a long day that hopefully ends with a ceremony. SWEET.
Pray for safe travel and that we continue to work as a team and for the people in Santo Domigo as well as the area 3 hours north we will be in.
In case you haven't yet, check out this link:
http://www.wisn.com/video/28770922/detail.html
And enjoy the pics. I won't update until tomorrow night, but it should be a great one!
Much Love,
Mark
Hey team, great job! Have a great time tomorrow building the church and celebrating!
ReplyDeleteKristin, TIm, Alyson and Cooper
Hey Charlie F., here's a message from home (they couldn't get the post up so we are passing it on):
You guy's are Awesome!! I can not believe what you have been able to do in such a your time there. Mark and company you guys...way to show these kids and us how to put God's love to work. Charlie Mom and Dad miss you and love you. FYI the brewers beat the Cardinals 2 out of the 3 games this week. We can not wait to hear all you stories, and meet the new person you are becoming.
Love
Mom, Dad and Patti
PS
Patti is missing you she is looking for you everywhere.
Good Luck with the building of the church tomorrow! It has been so exciting sharing this experience with everyone here. Thanks Mark and leaders for everything you have done to make this possible. Miss you lots Kamryn! oops almost forgot.....Lacie and Tucker are going to doggy daycare tomorrow! Much Love, Diane
ReplyDeleteKyle, Grandma Berny says "hi". We are praying for you, your co-workers and the people of the Dominican Republic as we told you we would when you asked for our help. We are so proud of you. Sorry about your hand, but then "battle scars" can be gentle reminders. We will love to hear about your work "in His name". Love, A.Mary
ReplyDeleteHi Ali & Joey
ReplyDeleteGuess Grandma goofed. I posted you on Aug 3rd, but it showed up on the Aug 1st blog, somehow.
All of you are doing a really great job and breaking records too- - - we are so very proud of you. Keep it going!
Hope you all enjoy your time at the market and the D. R. worship service
We are still praying for all of you to be safe and healthy. Have a safe trip home.
Love,
Bumpa and Grandma
Good Morning DR Team,
ReplyDeleteWe are praying for you all that you will have a awsome time putting up the church today. Be safe and have a good time. Vicki we are so proud of all the work you are doing. Thanks Mark for all the pictures and video.
Diane & Scott Sander
Wow, so amazed and impressed at how much you got done and ahead of schedule! We are so proud of you all! Praying that those who have been sick are feeling better- are they? Also praying that putting up the church goes smoothly! Can’t wait to hear all the awesome stories and see even more pictures! Love, Ron & Karen Euer
ReplyDeleteI can't wait to see pictures of the church! I hope you are all very proud of yourselves because you should be!! Thanks again to the leaders, you are appreciated so much!!
ReplyDeleteStacy (Kaily's mom)
PS: Kaily Grandma and I say thank you for your little surprise - you are such a special girl! I love you and miss you tons!
Looking forward to seeing the pictures of the church!!!! You guys are awesome workers. Even more exciting is the work God is doing in each and every one of your hearts. Love and praying for you all.
ReplyDeleteColleen (Kyle's Mom)
PS. Hailey, Cole, and Sarah say "Hi". Hailey and TayTay are planning on staying awake til you get there Sunday night/Monday morning no matter how late! hehehe We miss you a lot Kyle!
I am so proud of all the hard work. Seeing that building rise should be quite a site. It will be a blessed place to spread the word of Jesus.
ReplyDeleteJacob,
ReplyDeleteYour Dad can't figure out how to send a note :)
so I'm sending this for him.
Stick (foo)
Hurry home, the pool needs to be cleaned. You are an amazing young man. I'm very proud to be your Dad. I'm thankful you have decided to put God first in your life. I'm looking forward to fishing with you next week.
Love ya (foo),
Dad
Dawn said...I hope your day of construction went well today. How exciting to see your work completed. I hope you're all as proud of yourselves as we are!
ReplyDeleteMark, can you take another team picture... since Molly missed the group picture when you departed. I really want proof that she was there... although her tongue is quite visible. Make sure when you take the picture her tongue is hanging out!
I hope you all have a great day tomorrow... what will you be doing?
Molly, looking forward to fishing with you next week:) I'm sure we'll catch more fish than Dan and Jake!
Also... tell Greg and Tom their parents send a big hug. I'm sure they would write if they were't off vacationing on their own! We need to take care of our house group families:)
Love you all and are so proud of you! Dawn
Happy Birthday Hayley!! Keep up the good work.
ReplyDeleteLove Aunt Karen, Eric, Eliza