Monday, July 15, 2013

Day 3 work update


We started the day with reading John 17 after what Pastor Josue preached about yesterday. We sang a worship song together, led by Nikki, and ten took time to right notes to people that helped send us out. 

Work began and the team worked so hard. Digging trenches, moving rocket, mixing concrete, poring concrete, tying steel rebar and moving and shaping the rebar. Liz Angela Sarah and Zach not only exemplified great attitude and work; they motivated the team to the same end. 

We are tired. Sore. And almost ran out of water as the water is off from the Mexican state and the only water is from the cistern. The people of Cristo Rey have been so so generous. My only hope is that we are not being an imposition. 

Tonight is a trip to some local shops and a late dinner and a whole lot of sleep. Enjoy some of the pics and comment please. The team loves to hear from you!

Much love. 




9 comments:

  1. Thank you to all the leaders for guiding this group and looking after them. Mark, thank you for posting pictures. It makes it so much easier on this end.

    Jack, I am incredibly proud of you. From an orphanage in Russia to doing God's work in Mexico and beyond. Wow! Maybe THIS is your testimony. You're amazing, and I couldn't be prouder to be your mom.
    I miss you fiercely, and I love you to the moon and back.
    Love, xo
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is your mom's friend Marge. You are awesome!!! We are incredibly proud of you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like hard work! You are doing a powerful work for His Kingdom. We are really proud of you, Carolyn, for being willing to do this. Have some chaia when you go to town!

    Love, Tom and Joan Mahn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the work that you are all doing. So proud of all that are doing this!!! Awesome awesome awesome!

    Prayers and love,
    Angel and Deb Dirreen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love you Gracey and Kate! Praying for you every day all day. (Don't let Dad injure himself any more...I'm thinking the ER is kind of far away.)
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  6. The updates and photos are very much appreciated as I press on in prayer for you and the Name of Jesus! Never under estimate the work (or sweating) that you're doing; your labor is not in vain! I am confident that Jesus is appearing in your flesh!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Ang! Caleb says, "guess what........I LOVE YOU" we are so proud of you primita, te amo!

    Liz- te amo tambien, hermana mayor!

    Daniel and Caitlin watch out for your mom for me ;) I'm so happy for you that you get to share this experience with your family.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Heyyyy Nikki!!! I was scouring the pictures to try and find one glimpse of you! Praying intensely for you each time I see my bracelet on my wrist (and more!) The Traverses are all wearing one (except Neil) - his doesn't fit and Linda said if she put it on his ear then he could not see it:) Hope you are feeling good and I'm positive God is doing a mighty work through all of you!!!
    Love Ya!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It looks like you guys are working on an archaeological dig instead of laying a foundation - lol! I'm super proud of you Tori, Michael and everybody else too :)...way to get in there and get dirty for Jesus.

    Love you guys

    ReplyDelete