Saturday, July 13, 2013

Great 1st Day

We showed up at Cristo Rey after a memorable flight to Cancun. The flight attendants love our group and even called out our very own Sean Baldwin. It was like nothing I have ever seen. 

We got picked up by Patti and Leone and 2 large vans. Leone even put a tarp over our luggage given the rain in Playa. So nice. 

The team arrived at Cristo Rey and began work immediately. We hulled large stumps and branches and totally cleared out room for additional trenches and footers for the foundation.

The plan is to begin pouring concrete Monday morning and get as much done as possible. The guys and girls and everyone on the team worked so hard. Great attitudes and encouragement and lots of sweat. You would be so proud of this group!!! And, I might have bruised my left knee...of course I did.

We introduced the game of "Ninja" to the younger people here and it was great. We are making connections, working together. And excited for church tomorrow. I have some great work pics that I will try and upload tomorrow. But for now...I just need sleep. 

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like an awesome first day. What a wonderful experience for everyone. We will be praying for all of you (and your knee :-) ).

    Nichole and Jon (Kate's mom and step-dad)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hataya I miss you. Praying for you and the team. God will do awesome works through his vessels.

    Love
    Mom

    ReplyDelete